Thank you for visiting www.vintagefountainpens.co.uk. This policy explains what information we collect when you visit the website, why it is collected and how it is used. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We take your privacy extremely seriously and we never sell or pass on any customer or visitor information.
Through the website, www.vintagefountainpens.co.uk, we buy, sell, repair and restore vintage writing instruments. We use email as a primary tool for communication with our customers and visitors with telephone and social media as secondary options.
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail or email at:
Vintage Fountain Pens Ltd.
Telephone: 01964 534511
Email: [email protected]
Information We Collect
- Email information: When you send us an email using the Contact Us facility we will record and collect your email address.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- To provide email information to Mailchimp for the purposes of distributing the Newsletter. Newsletter emails are only provided when a user requests to be added to the list.
- To contact you directly relating to sales, orders, repairs or restorations. This may include order confirmation and despatch information or notification that a repair or restoration is complete and ready to return.
- To communicate with our Members about their account and provide customer support.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
We will retain Personal Information we process on behalf of our Members for as long as needed to provide our Services or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
Public Information and Third Party Websites
Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Safeguarding Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
We will give any customer or visitor access to any Personal Information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request to access, correct, amend or delete information we hold about them by contacting us via email or post.
Updated 23rd April 2020